Student loans are available to help offset educational expenses. Borrowing through student loans should be your last alternative. You should exhaust all other resources of financial assistance, 包括奖学金, 国家补助和校园就业, 在申请学生贷款之前.
There are two kinds of 联邦直接斯塔福德贷款: subsidized and unsubsidized. 两者有以下共同点:
- They are low-interest loans that must be repaid by the student (visit 联邦学生资助 对于当前利率s on these loans).
- Origination 费用 are not to exceed 1.5% of the loan, which will be subtracted from each semester's payment.
- 贷款 are to be used for education-related expenses such as tuition, 费用, 书, 生活成本, 运输, 和照顾孩子.
- Must be repaid once you graduate or if you take fewer than 6 credits per semester (half-time status).
- First-time borrowers of Stafford 贷款 at 全球网赌十大网站 are subject to a 30-day hold on their first loan disbursement.
There are differences between subsidized and unsubsidized loans:
Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford 贷款
- 贷款 remain interest-free while you are enrolled in at least 6 credits in a degree-seeking program (undergraduate or graduate).
- 截至7月1日, 2013, federal limitations were implemented on borrowing Direct Subsidized Stafford 贷款. More information regarding this regulation can be found in the 联邦学生资助 document Time Limitation on Direct Subsidized 贷款.
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford 贷款
- 贷款 accrue interest while a student is enrolled in school and during the repayment period.
访问 联邦学生资助 for additional information about these loans.
Federal Direct Stafford Loan Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible for a Stafford Loan, you must:
- Complete a FAFSA and submit all other required documents to PCC.
- Be enrolled in a financial aid-eligible degree and/or certificate program and taking 6 or more credits.
- Comply with the Satisfactory 学术 Progress Policy. 视图 财政援助政策 了解更多信息.
How to 全球赌博十大网站 for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan:
- To accept base Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan Offers, 访问PCC的 网站 然后点击 登录.
- To enter the portal, enter your S number and password and click 登录.
- 进入门户后，单击 经济援助奖 仪表板上的按钮. 选择 接受你的奖项, select the appropriate aid year and click 提交. You may then accept all or a portion of your loan offer.
- You cannot accept a loan offer until your 金融援助 file is complete and awarded.
- 贷款 will be certified based on the semester(s) offered. If you need to have your loans certified for a different loan period than that offered, or if you wish to borrow subsequent or additional loan funds, 请见财政援助办公室.
The Federal PLUS loan can be borrowed by parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for the student's education. PLUS loans are typically less expensive than private student loans because PLUS loan borrowing terms are regulated by the U.S. 教育部. 访问 联邦学生资助 对于当前利率.
- Parents apply each academic year and are approved or denied based on their credit history
- 如果申请被拒绝, the student usually becomes eligible to borrow up to $4,000 in additional unsubsidized Direct Stafford loans
- 访问 联邦学生资助 对于当前利率s on PLUS loans
- Available Repayment Plans: Standard Repayment, Extended Repayment and Graduated Repayment
A private education loan is a loan provided by a private lender and is not a form of Title IV funding. Private education loans are expressly for postsecondary education expenses.
- Private education loans are usually credit based and students may need a co-signer if they decide to apply.
- Students should complete their FAFSA 之前 applying for a private education loan to see if they are eligible for Title IV funding first.
- 收到任何援助, 包括私人贷款, cannot exceed a student’s cost of attendance for the period of enrollment.